Hardwood Floor Care Guide
Floor can be walked on with stocking feet only
Water Base Finish: 3-4 hours
Oil Base Finish: 8-12 hours
Lift and place furniture-DO NOT DRAG, use felt floor protectors
Water Base Finish: 48 hours
Oil Base Finish: 72 hours
Floors may be cleaned with a microfiber damp mop and approved hardwood flooring cleaner
Water Base Finish: 1 week
Oil Base Finish: 2 weeks
- Use felt floor protectors on all your furniture
- Vacuum (with bare floor attachment) or sweep regularly to remove sand, dirt and grit build up.
- Use area rugs on high traffic pathways. Avoid rubber backed or non- ventilated rugs.
- Place mats at exterior doors to catch as much dirt as possible.
- Try to always remove your shoes before walking on your hardwood floor, especially heels; these can dent your floor over time.
- Clean spills as soon as possible.
- Keep your pets nails trimmed.
- Mop floors (after the cure period) with a damp microfiber mop pad and cleaning products specifically designed for hardwood floors.
- Maintain consistent humidity levels (around 40% in the winter months and no higher than 60% in the summer months). Excessive swings in humidity can cause your floor to swell, shrink, cup, crack and gap. This can easily be done by having an Aprilaire hooked up to your furnace system.
- Protect your floor from discoloration from the sun’s rays be using shades or blinds on areas that are in consistent sunlight.
- Do not use regular household dusting and cleaning products, these can damage the finish on your floor.
- Do not wet mop your floor, excessive amounts of water can swell and cup your floor.